Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Welcome to online English classes! Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Hello, everyone! Today is our first day of online class for Level 5a. It is very strange to try to teach classes from my home. I'm sure it will be strange at first for you to be an online student. I know that some of you also have children at home and are trying to help them do school online!


This week (March 31-April 3) will be a time for all of us to get used to this new way of doing class. We will keep it simple this week. 


DO THE FOLLOWING THINGS EACH WEEKDAY:

1) Please check this blog every day for your daily assignments.


I will send you the link to this blog by email and/or text message. You can also get on the internet and type in the web address: teacherkathybhc.blogspot.com

2) Do the daily assignments on your own. For each assignment, I will tell you how to respond so that I know you have completed the assignment. For example, I may ask you to do one or more of the following: (NOTE: I have updated the instructions below)
  • Write a comment  on the day's assignments by clicking Comments or No Comments or Post a comment at the bottom of the post. Then type your comment in the box that says Leave Comment. The other students will be able to see your comment.
  • Email me at calderk@bhc.edu
  • Talk to me by phone or text (309-948-9615)
  • Take a picture of your work and sent it to me by email or text
I will type assignments in RED so that you can find them easily.

Assignments for Tuesday, March 31, 2020 

(due Wednesday, April 1, 2020)

1) Email me or text me to tell me how you are doing by answering these three questions in complete sentences (you should write 3 to 6 sentences):
  • Is everyone in your home healthy?
  • What do you like or dislike about staying at home so much?
  • Do you use your smartphone, a laptop, a desktop computer, or something else to get on the internet?

2) Future English for Future Results 3 textbook, Unit 12, Lesson 9, p. 242 
    Grammar: Past Passive Verbs
  • Study the box on past passive verbs at the top of p. 242.
  • Do practice 1A--Read about George Washington and follow the directions.
  • Do practice 1B--Complete the paragraph using past passive verbs. 
  • We will check your answers on Wednesday, April 1st.

3) Workbook, p. 142--"The Nation's Capital Finds a Home"
  • Prepare to read the article: read the title, look at the picture, and read the first and last sentence of each paragraph.
  • Read the whole article one time. Circle at least 5 words that are new to you (you don't know what they mean). 
  • I am removing the instruction below to leave a comment for the time being, because I am changing the comment procedure. Instead, write down the 5 words on your own paper, then send them to me in a text or email.
  • Please type these 5 words in a comment by clicking Comment or No Comments or Post a comment at the bottom of this post. Then type the words in the box labeled Leave your comment. It will look like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment